Saturday, September 21, 2019

IT'S NOT THE END IF YOU HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED





I went out with a friend couple of months ago. The usual coffee-catch-up kind of date. We were talking about mental health, our daily lives as a mother, old friends we no longer see and suddenly she asked me why I stopped writing. I thought for a second and suddenly instead of grasping for an answer I started asking myself too...why?

Truth is, I don't really know. I always like to think that I didn't really stop but just putting a temporary halt to it. I'm no writer but I love writing so much. I equally love reading and writing it's like my bacon and egg. But then again it didn't answer the question "why did you stop?'

Preoccupied - for the past few years I've been doing a lot of things. If before I'm only a daughter and a sister, now I've leveled up in the family game. I'm now a mother and a wife. Quite a job, really. Aside from being a full-time Mom and wife, I also have a full time work which luckily I can do home-based. My hands are full everyday. 

Epiphany - this little friend of mine keeps on forgetting to visit. I've never experienced epiphany for a very long time. I'm not sure why but instead of epiphany I'm always visited by anxiety almost everyday.

I want to write more excuses but I think these two would suffice. And oh! I'm not also good in writing excuses. I'm very bad at it. The writing above is a perfect example.


No comments:

Post a Comment