Thursday, February 21, 2013

BUS RIDES



All of a sudden it rained. I felt glad that it did. I'm not a fan of rain but the climate has been so unlikely these days. I have been writing while I'm at work. My friend, Elvis, told  me before that there might be an epiphany in the office. I didn't really understand what he meant about it. Anyhow, I wrote about my bus rides. I know, it's not yet finish but I've been MIA for how many weeks now, it's going to be worth it to post something, even though it's really not that worth it to be read (Haha).


Every bus junkies have their own story to tell and I also have mine. Riding the bus has always been part of my routine. I could never get home if I wouldn't ride that old shit. My place was too far from the office. It would take a train and a couple of jeepney rides. I tried the other route but it was tiring. It would exhaust all my strength so I decided to ride the bus going home. It's cost effective and it's not time consuming. Anyway, before we dwell in to my everyday expenses and hypnotise you with that part of my lousy lifestyle, let me bring you back to my bus stories.

I have always been a fan of riding the bus and not only that, I'm also a fan of observing the people in it. I had this seat mate that I could never forget. Let me put a little description and your imagination can play with his looks. He was in his middle 20's, he has this kinky hair that doesn't really smell good, I could smell it from where I was sitting, to think that we were seat mates, no wonder. He also had a tattoo on his right arm, a half-sleeve tattoo to be exact, he was wearing a black shirt with the band name "The Cure" printed on it. He has his head-set on and I think he was singing one of The Cure songs. At first he was singing it modestly, then the next thing I know he was singing the chorus, wait he wasn't really singing it, he was screaming it at the top of his lungs. I was really stunned. I could have tapped him and asked him to keep it low but I didn't. I just couldn't do it. The girl on the other row did tap him though, she said he was too loud. I laughed at it at the back of my mind. He turned off his ipod and took off his headset. He's face turned crimson red, maybe he was embarrassed. No, he was really embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment