Wednesday, December 5, 2012

ON HER 85TH


Dear Lola,

Time have ran really fast, I should say. The family is growing bigger since some of your grandchildren have built their own family as well.  Everyone was busy with their lives as every member of the family were striving to survive their everyday run-around. I just realize that we miss to do one thing and that is to take care of you during this remaining years of your life.

I’m sorry if I failed to visit you most of the time. How I wish I could do that whenever I wanted to but with the expenses that I need to face it’s really impossible for me to do it. Sometimes whenever I watched a family movie I think of you and wonder if you were doing okay being alone in your own house. I always reminisce those times when you visit us in our own home in Cebu, how we chit-chat over a cup of coffee early in the morning, how you wanted to eat Pandesal during this time of the day and ate Rice during 10:00 in the morning, how you cook Tinola for us, how you watched Sunday mass on TV and most especially how we walk back to the memory lane and talk about the good memories, these are good times we have with you.

Everything might not be that vivid to you now but I hope what remains vivid in your memory are the good ones so that whenever you do reminiscing one of these days we can somehow put smile into your face even though we are miles away from you. 

For all these years, I thank you, for without you, we won’t all be here. You have been strong ever since and you remained to be one. I hope I can visit you more often and we can chit-chat again over a cup of coffee. We can talk about random things. We can laugh about the funny memories.

I love you Lola, I may not say this often to you but I hope you feel that I do. I miss you always. Have a good one on your 85th birthday!


Love,

Your granddaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment